Friday, June 10, 2011

Nice change of pace

Last night we went to Travis's company outing at a local baseball game. Not my favorite evening of the year. I am not a huge fan of a lot of the people that work with Travis, and I am also not adept at hiding when I don't particularly like someone. Which a super duper euphemistic way of saying I can come off as kinda rude. Whatever.

Alex was great the whole time. He spent almost all of the time we were there in the sandbox or on the play equipment, and only acknowledged there was a baseball game once when he pointed to the field and asked, "What doing?" But he was super well behaved. He took turns with the other kids and didn't pitch a single fit. Pretty much the only time he spent in the area reserved for the outing was to cram 2 ball park sized hot dogs down his throat. When that kid decides he is hungry, look out!

He lasted until about 8:20 and then he was ready to go home. Like chewing on his blanket type of ready. Since the game started at 7, we were obviously leaving quite early. And multiple people made comments about how us having to leave early was further proof for them that they are not ready for kids. Which is usually right about the time I get all sad that we don't have the footloose and fancy free life we used to have.

But something weird happened last night. We got home and all I could think about was that I had a really good time at the game, but there was nowhere else in the world I wanted to be than on my couch with my family...even the dog.

1 comment: