Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Whack!

This morning was a rough one. Alex woke up cranky and not even giving the dog treats would cheer him up. He was better in the car...chatting and chewing on his bagel. And then we got inside daycare and he wanted to go in the big kids room. And I wouldn't let him. So he hit me. Hard. In the head. Twice.

So I sat him down on this cute little baby sofa they have and got down to eye level to tell him he is not allowed to hit. And he started this little thing he does where he cranes his neck as far to either side as he can to avoid my eyes. So I grabbed his little chin and made him look at me while I, quite loudly now, told him again he wasn't allowed to hit me or anybody else. Aaaand the volume at which I told him that made him cry. Like freak out, almost hyperventilate cry. And all the teachers and Ryne's grandma got to witness. Feelin' like a really good mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment