Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Earballs

Alex has mastered ignoring me. I know he can hear me. I can see it in his body language that he can hear me, even when his back is to me. But still, no response. Which I am not ok with. So I spend a lot of time getting down to eye level with him, getting in his line of sight and making him acknowledge and answer me. At some point he will give in and just answer me the first time, right? Yeeeeahhhh...

A couple of weeks ago, we were looking through this book he has that is the shape of a bus (it has wheels and everything!). Each page has a picture of a different type of vehicle. Have you ever realized how many different types of trucks there are? Pick-up trucks, tow trucks, garbage trucks, semi trucks. Have you ever tried to come up with something other than "Vrooom!" to imitate each truck? Impossible. Except the semi! While we were looking at the different vehicles, a light bulb exploded over my head...the semi isn't just any truck, it's a Big Rig. And it doesn't have just any horn, it has a HONK! HONK! that can only be accurately imitated while making the appropriate pulling-on-the-thing-that-makes-the-horn-honk arm motion. So that is what I have been doing every single time the picture of the semi comes up. Alex has given me a couple half-hearted attempts, but nothing to write home about. Until now. Now he totally gets into it. He even uses both arms while saying HONK! HONK! And I am ridiculously proud. He does listen to me!

Also, his pronunciation of motorcycle?...Mo-mo. Reminds me of Mariah's cat every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment