Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goes around, comes around

We bought a tricycle for Alex this past weekend. It's super nice because it has a detachable handle for an adult to push/steer the tricycle until the kid gets a better idea of how pedaling and maneuvering work. It coasts when you are pushing it forward so he can have his feet on the pedals while we are going without them spinning around and potentially crushing his feet. And thank goodness for the adult steering part. If it weren't for that, Alex would never be on the sidewalk. He is a very aggressive turner. We'll work on that. While we were out on the tricycle's maiden voyage, the fact that I am a parent smacked me square in the face once again. As I said, this cute little trike has the lovely feature of coasting pedals. Alex found a different place for his feet. Dragging on the ground as we went along...toes of his little Chuck's scraping against the sidewalk. And that's when the parent in me came out. I heard his feet dragging and immediately "Alex! Pick up your feet! You're going to ruin your shoes!" came flying out of my mouth. Everyday, my mom and dad's seemingly ridiculous requests throughout childhood make more and more sense. I get it Mom & Dad. I will pick up my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment