Friday, March 4, 2011

Red Team GO!

As I may have possibly mentioned in passing once or twice, Alex's antics when arriving and leaving daycare are a bit on the holyshitourkidisafullondemon side. From what I hear, yesterday's pick-up was the worst yet. Travis picked him up and when they got home, I asked how it went. His answer was a scared blank stare while slowly shaking his head no. So, that good huh? He said Alex's fit was so bad multiple teachers came over to check on them and see what was going on. At first I was all, "yeah, yeah, welcome to my world 4 afternoons and 5 mornings a week." But then I got to daycare this morning. And three different teachers asked me if I had heard about pick-up yesterday. And then I felt bad for Travis. But I justified that right out of my head by figuring that him getting one really bad pick-up is pretty equal to me getting EVERY SINGLE OTHER kinda bad pick-up/drop-off. Suck it up dude. Ahhhh compassion.

So this morning I was ready for battle. I got everything packed up and ready to go and gave us an extra five minutes to get Alex's coat on his squirming little spaghetti body. Probably should have given us at least 7 minutes, but we made it out the door and to daycare on time. And as we were pulling in, his friend Ryne was arriving as well. You should have seen their faces when they saw each other. They both lit up like roman candles and burst out laughing while pointing at each other. We took the kids in and they immediately started playing. One of their favorite games consists of Alex laying on the floor, the teacher laying his blanket over his upper body and head and Ryne then ripping the blanket away...Each turn of this game ends with them laughing like a couple of drunk hyenas.

During the second go 'round I saw my opportunity for a screaming-free exit. So the third time the blanket covered his face, I charged at Ryne's mom yell-whispering "GO! GO! GO!" And we ran. And we made it out undetected. Undetected by the kids anyway...the teachers were laughing at us. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment