Monday, March 21, 2011

I ooze compassion

I am the ultimate definition of compassion. Alex has been oddly whimpery the last five days or so. Not all the time, but way more often than normal. I am assuming it has something to do with the all body encompassing rash he is dealing with, but it is getting to be a bit much. Yesterday was no exception.

Travis and I spent the morning getting things done around the house. Alex spent the morning bouncing between happy and whining. So packing him up in the car for a nap on the trip to Grandma and Grandpa Z's was a welcomed event. He was asleep within 4 minutes and slept the whole way there. Upon arrival he was groggy, but pleasant. He played for a bit and then the whimpering started again. And being the loving mother I am, I told him multiple times that I didn't want to hear it and he needed to stop being so whimpery. After about five minutes or so of this, he came up to me, whined a whole bunch and wiped his hand on my jeans. I looked down and saw a stain on my pants. So, as I am picking him up I say, "Thanks. Now I not only have a whiny baby, I have a stain on my pants. What is on your hand anyway?"

Blood. Blood was on his hand because he was bleeding because he cut himself on some decorative grass/reed things my mom has in a big vase that he isn't supposed to be playing with. You wanna feel about 1/4" tall? Tell your bleeding not quite two year old, that wouldn't be bleeding if you had been paying better attention to him, to stop whining all the time because Mommy doesn't want to hear it. Impressive.

2 comments:

  1. Because you know we look forward to reading about you and your poor little rashy creature, Lora has asked me post this comment from her:

    Hey it's Lora. I feel like I need to remind you of something you yourself quoted in a previous entry:

    "...as a parent, you need to not be so hard on yourself. ...you should give yourself 1 major & 3 minor guilt-free screw ups every day."

    :-)

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll count this one as a major one.

    ReplyDelete