Thursday, March 3, 2011

And good morning.

This week the tantrums are once again peeking out from whatever hiding place they have been for a brief period. I did not miss them. They can go back into hiding at any time. An example of this that is making me so crazy is that one minute he freaks out if you make him come inside, but 3.8 minutes later he will freak out if you try to get him to put his coat on to go anywhere. Frustrating.

Yesterday's pick-up from daycare was just fantastic. He doesn't want to leave daycare. Everyday, any day, whenever. Leaving daycare is traumatic. I could tell him there is a mountain of blueberries waiting just for him in the car...wouldn't matter. And you can get that kid to do almost anything for a blueberry. Yesterday's tantrum was nothing new, but I just wasn't in the mood. So I grabbed him in one arm, his coat in the other and out the door we went. When I tried to put him in his car seat, the screaming only amplified and was accompanied by back arching and limb flailing. And I could feel myself losing it, and losing it fast. So I closed the door and walked around to the driver's door. Stood there for a second and breathed. And then I opened my door, started the car, and closed my door again. And he was instantly silent. Just sitting in his seat staring at me. He had this look like he really thought I had definitely lost it this time and was going to leave him in a running car. After a couple seconds, I walked back over, buckled him in, and handed him his snack cup. And all was again right in the world. All was right except my extremely overwhelming feeling of clueless-ness. I have no idea if I am doing anything right when it comes to this kid. Whatever. I am doing the best I can so hopefully that is gonna be good enough. Tell that to your therapist in 20 years kiddo!

So this morning I tried to circumvent the tantrum by being really excited about going outside! and going for a ride in the truck! and going to see friends at daycare! No dice. He saw his coat and crumpled into a pile of angry baby on the kitchen floor. I finally crammed his arms into his coat and zipped it up while he was laying on the floor and I walked toward the door. He managed to eventually pick himself up off the floor and join me. Yay.

This little fit brought on another issue I didn't notice until we were at the car. All the crying started up his runny nose again. And there I was without any tissue, buckling my snot-ridden little beast child into a car seat. The only thing I had...ShamWow. Pretty sure Vince doesn't list booger wiper up there with the millions of uses of the ShamWow. You're welcome Vince. Another selling point.

No comments:

Post a Comment