Friday, July 3, 2009

Ta Da!

Well I guess I should have heeded the mucus plug warning. The little critter showed up two weeks and a couple days before schedule.

We watched some fireworks on Sunday night and went to bed around 11:30. At about 2:15 I woke up and my back was killing me. I figured I may as well go to the bathroom as long as I was up. When I moved to get up I realized I had to get to the bathroom lickety split. My water broke...all over. There was "water" on the bed, down the stairs, and into the bathroom. My shorts were drenched. It was the strangest feeling. There was just liquid pouring out of me and I had no control. It was like the kid had been hanging on to a gallon jug of water this whole time and just then decided he didn't need it anymore, so why not dump it out.


Travis was sleepily confused at first. Then he yelled downstairs to me, "Sooo....is this the point where we freak the fuck out and grab everything and go?" Yes honey, this is exactly that point. But be careful coming down the stairs, I spilled.


Long story short, 14 hours later at precisely 4:19 pm, our son was born. Holy shit, we have a son. Labor went as smoothly as pushing a human out of your body can go. Nicki was right. Epidurals are the the bomb.


So here he is. Making his grand entrance at 5lbs 12oz, 18" long, Alex Thomas Julius



It's not the best picture of any of us except Travis, but frankly, Alex and I went through a bit more trauma than Trav did that day.

Travis was amazing during the whole thing by the way. I truly have an incredible husband. Alex and I are pretty darn lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment