Friday, July 24, 2009

She rules.

My fears of Aiden not doing well with the addition of a baby to our house have been laid to rest. She has been in love with Alex since the first moment we brought him home. She gets concerned if he is crying and looks at Travis and I like, "Ummm...are you going to do something? The baby is upset." Whenever we are in Alex's room she comes in, lays on the rug and doesn't leave until we do. Every chance she can get, she licks him. Especially after he has been crying or we have been away from home.

If there is any problem it is that she is very protective of Alex. This is only a problem because her need to bark at people and dogs walking on the sidewalk next to our house has only increased. And those skateboarders? Don't even get her started on the danger they present to her baby.

It used to be that when I was gone she would wait outside near the garage for me or jump at the door excited to greet me when I came home. She still sits outside and jumps at the door, but it is no longer in excitement to see me. She wants to see her baby. And smell her baby. And lick her baby. Where is her baby?!

If she likes him this much now, can you imagine how much she is going to love him when he starts dropping food off the table?

No comments:

Post a Comment