Monday, July 13, 2009

And there's that

Well, it's been two weeks. Alex is doing really well. He is seriously a very chill baby. He sleeps in 2-4 hour chunks and has recently graduated to 3oz of formula at a crack. The most awesome part is so far he is the easiest baby to soothe on the planet. I am crossing my fingers and every other body part that can be crossed that that particular trait does not go away.

Other good things going on, I no longer have to use a squirt bottle of water when I pee so it seems things down south are healing up nicely. My boobs are slowly but surely getting back to a manageable size. They are still quite bodacious, but not as out of control as a week ago. The electric battery shock feeling in my nipples every time Alex cries could stop anytime soon though. Although, I am once again ready to fight crime.

So one would think that all this good stuff about Alex and some of my body getting back to normal would mean my life on maternity leave is as sweet as a rainbow farting kitten. And for the most part it is. For the most part. The other part consists of my ridiculous hormones that will not regulate. That part is more like a rabid kitten that breathes fire and then cries for hours about the chair it just charred. It just sucks because there are things I would normally take right in stride, but now they make me lose it and cry. For a whole day. And then the next day, I feel totally fine. Like Saturday when I really wanted to go boating with my cousin-in-law. But Travis was at work and I, very responsibly, decided taking a tiny 12 day old out on a pontoon for the afternoon maybe wasn't the smartest idea. But my reaction to that decision was horrendous. Lucky for Mariah she got to witness it. In all it's Tupperware lid throwing, snotty nose crying glory.

The tough part for me is that intellectually I know it is just hormones and these feelings and the inability to control them will not last forever...but once again, my brain is no longer ruling the rest of my body.

Soon enough brain. You can outlast these hormones. I have faith in you.

1 comment:

  1. Um, you need to call me...squirt bottle? Crying uncontrollably??

    Maybe I should not have skipped all my baby classes.

    ReplyDelete