Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Impatiently waiting

I cannot wait to have my body back to normal. I can't wait so much that I thought it was a good idea to try on my pre-preggo clothes a mere five days after having Alex. Turns out I am not so full of good ideas. That idea could and should be filed away in the really really stupid idea folder. Shockingly, I couldn't button any of my pants or shorts. And my shirts are all a bit snug around the lower stomach region. Weird right?

The main reason I thought this wouldn't be the worst idea ever was that I feel so much smaller. And I am in reality so much smaller. A human is no longer in my body. That will make you a lot smaller. I am just not as small as I would like. My ankles are back from their vacation which is nice and I finally am able to cram my wedding rings back on my fat fingers. I should have probably waited a couple more days to put my rings back on, but I really missed wearing them so here we are with a sausage finger wearing a diamond. The other really exciting part? I cannot only see my feet, but I can touch them. Without pain or strange bodily contortion. Same goes for shaving. Now it is just back to its normal annoyingly tedious status, instead of causing me to literally be short of breath and break out in a sweat.

Once again Travis proved to be at the top of the world's best husband list. He let me act on my stupid impulse and didn't stop me from trying on my clothes. But when I came back downstairs just one unbuttonable pair of pants away from a breakdown, he reminded me it took almost ten months for my body to get to its current status. And asked what made me think five days was an appropriate amount of time to expect everything to be back to normal. And then he made me go shopping. He hates shopping. Loathes shopping. He would rather wear a Speedo to a biker rally than go shopping. But he took me to Old Navy. Even though I didn't want to go because I am just sick about the amount of money I had to spend to have clothes to wear while I was cooking the kid. He insisted we go and I find some cute clothes that I felt comfortable in. Nothing too spectacular, but non-maternity and wearable while I am losing the last of the baby weight and beyond. He not only took me to Old Navy, but he pushed the stroller around helping me pick out some cute clothes. And then patiently waited for me to try on 89% of the women's section. And then to top it all off, he paid for the clothes. I think I'll keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment