Monday, July 20, 2009

3 Weeks and we are all still alive.

The ups and downs of having a new infant are more extreme than The Demon at Six Flags. Not shockingly the ups tend to coincide with adorable baby things. Funny faces, cute outfits, a 3 week old baby sneezing, etc. Seriously, I don't know that I have ever seen anything funnier and cuter than an infant sneezing. Well, that and when he gets really worked up crying, which honestly does not happen too often, he snorts like a little pig between cries. I feel bad because I cannot stop laughing while trying to comfort him. I am going to give him some weird complex, but I cannot help it. It is so funny. Along the noises front, I can't wait for him to start making cooing sounds instead of just pooping grunts. I also am so looking forward to when he smiles when he actually means it. Not just because he is gassy or filling his pants.

The downs however, don't really seem to coincide with much of anything. Well, except for nights when a certain someone doesn't want to stay asleep. The days after those nights are particularly difficult. Add wild raging rapids hormones to little sleep and Whamo! There has been some crying. By me, not the baby.

I also can't help but feel trapped some days. Everyone knows going into the whole baby adventure that your life will change dramatically. But you can never really know. You can think you have a pretty good idea of what life will be like. And then you can have that pretty good idea trampled by a herd of angry elephants carrying 947 dirty diapers and 1065 used bottles....in a week. That's kinda where the trapped feeling comes in. There is always some sort of baby related work to do. So yeah, you probably do want to go wander around downtown with your friends, but the baby just fell asleep and you have don't have a single clean bottle to take with you. So you skip it. And sometimes, that makes you cry.

But the sneezing...it is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment