Monday, July 27, 2009

Gas Bubbles

I'm afraid to say it because every time I say something out loud, he totally proves me wrong, but Alex still is a really good baby. His awake time is as fun as a larva-like being can be. Usually his eyes are as wide open as he can get them. He employs his eyebrows to their fullest extent to attain maximum eye wide-ness. Which basically makes him look like a very inquisitive old man with a wrinkled forehead.

The main problem we have run into is gas. Coming out of both ends. But that is not where the problem lies. It's all good when the gas is coming out. When it stays in? That's a whole different story. Then the back arching, red faced, nose snorting, leg kicking crying starts. And good sweet gravy that is some crying. We have switched from Enafamil to Similac to Target Gentle. We are currently working on the Target Gentle stuff. It is usually about a 50/50 shot on whether a bottle is going to upset his inner workings. Last night I went to Walgreens and got some Mylican. It is pretty much baby Gas-X. It works pretty well. Which is good because I definitely do not like the feeling of not being able to help him. The other frustrating part is that I burp him usually twice per bottle. And some bottles he doesn't get any issues. But other bottles it's like he has been sucking on an empty bottle the whole time there is so much gas in his belly. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is different about the ones that bother him. All I know is that it sucks when he is gassy. A gassy baby definitely does not a happy baby make.

No comments:

Post a Comment