Wednesday, May 8, 2013

She's back

I have once again entered the 7th Circle of Hell known as Jillian Michaels workouts.  I tried going back to the 30 Day Shred that kicked my ass before, but I just could not stand to hear the same "motivational" phrases over and over and over again.  One can only hear that a trainer wants you to feel like "you're gargling your heart" so many times before one snaps.  So, I bought one of her new 30 day dealimabobbers, "Ripped in 30."

Dude.

I thought she was a heartless bitch in the first one.  I thought wrong.  She was a glimmering ray of sunshine in the first one compared to the second.  There's a lot of yelling and sarcasm and angry Jillian in this new one.  And the first week is no joke.  I could barely walk my hamstrings hurt so much after the first day.  But I have exactly 30 days until I am in a wedding again, so I'm putting her to the test.

Recently, I set up a little workout space for myself in the basement so I can submit to Jillian's torture without the judging eyes of my beast child.  Seems a closed door and a set of basement steps are not enough of a deterrent.  Each and every time I have headed downstairs to workout, Alex is hot on my heels requesting to watch me.  That would be all fine and good, but he's 3...he's not going to be entertained by his mother's fat butt flailing all over the place, flinging sweat against the walls for 30 minutes.

The first time he came down, his mind was blown by finding all of his old toys down there so everything was fine.  The next time, not so much.  The time after that, he wanted to participate.  He actually did pretty well trying to coordinate his little body for the warm up.  But things got a little tricky when he tried to take over my mat.  He said excuse me, but then tried to kinda nudge me out of the way so he could do push-ups.  I've said it before, and I will say it for the rest of my days..It's a good thing he's cute.

Last night, he was sitting on the steps, eating a pickle and watching me die a slow, sweaty death.  A couple of minutes in, he said, "Wow Mom!  You're really good at exercising!  Good job Mom!"  I think Jillian could take a few lessons from him in the motivational department.

1 comment: