Thursday, May 23, 2013

Acorns and Trees

Yesterday was a little better than Monday and Tuesday.  Not that it was hard to be better than those two days, but I'm celebrating any improvement and yesterday there was improvement.  The list of daily activities was about 50/50 good and bad.  I'll take it.

There is a side effect of Alex constantly getting in trouble that is really starting to wear on me.  A couple of the other little kids like to inform me if Alex had a bad day the instant I walk in.  There is one little girl in particular that is on my very last frayed nerve.  She has a super high pitched, very loud voice, and she has had her fair number of trips to the red light.  So, ease up little miss pot callin' the kettle black.

The kids were outside when I got there yesterday.  I went out to the playground and waited for Alex to see me while I gauged the expressions on his teachers faces.  Everyone seemed non-homicidal, so I started walking over to Alex.  I squatted down to talk to him and ask him about his day and the little girl comes running up, gets about 2" from my face and shrills, "Alex was bad outside this morning!"  I couldn't stop myself.  I put my hand in front of her face and said, "Whoa.  Back it up girlfriend."  And then I kinda sorted mocked her while asking just how horrible he was.  I just...I mean...I get that he's havin' a rough go of it, but come on.

Gee, I wonder why he's having a hard time with such a mature role model in his daily life for a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment