Friday, May 3, 2013

Dinner is served

Last night we had a yummy pasta(sweet!) dish with peas(yay!) and mushrooms(I love those!) and asparagus(what.)  That kid loves him some pasta.  He eats frozen peas straight out of the bag and frequently risks losing a finger to my knife while I'm cutting fresh snap peas.  He steals the mushrooms out of anything I am eating.  I'm pretty sure last night was the first experience with asparagus.  Apparently he's not a fan.  When he was close to finishing the first plate, I asked him if he wanted more.  "Yes!  Yes please.  But nothing that looks like those things."

The pasta I used was mini-ish penne.  Halfway through dinner Alex figured out that those bad boys fit perfectly on the tines of a fork.  After spending a solid minute twenty putting pasta on his fork, he informed Travis and I that he was eating it this way because it was easier.  Uh huh.  More fun?  Yes.  Messier, which is synonymous with more fun?  Absolutely.  But easier?  Nice try.

Either way I didn't care much.  He liked what I made, he was eating and with how long it was taking him to get the pasta on his fork, and I actually got to eat my meal without getting up more often than a incontinent squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment