Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prude

Now that it is finally consistently warm outside, my little potty training method last year is coming back to bite me.  Shocking, I know.  If we didn't live right on a rather busy street, I feel like I wouldn't mind so much.  But when there are an average of three people walking past per pee, I kinda feel like we should curb the outside peeing.  Alex feels differently.  He wants to pee outside and he wants to pee on everything.  He even went from the living room to go outside because, "it takes too long to go into the bathroom."  Ummmm...you passed the bathroom on your way outside.

I would be lying if I said there isn't a part of me that gets it.  If I had the proper equipment, peeing outside would be top priority.  But, that's not the point and it's only because I have peed outside without the proper equipment...not fun.  The point is, we are trying to have him pee inside.  So, I told him he's too old to pee outside.  And I reminded him that big boys use the bathroom.

That logic had been working.  Had been working.  He and I were outside playing and I popped into the kitchen to grab some water for us.  I came back out to find him standing there with his pants around his ankles, bare butt facing the street, peeing on the side of the house.  And when I scolded him for peeing not only outside, but ON THE HOUSE, he replied with shrugged shoulders, "What?  It'll dry."

Yeah.  Whether it would dry or not was not really what was bothering me.

1 comment:

  1. i suspect this is a lesson Travis needs to teach him.

    ReplyDelete