Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh yeah, no.

On Saturday, I put in my third workout of Week 2 of the "Ripped in 30" DVD.  And I maybe should have given myself a little longer between workouts because I totally pulled a muscle.  Not happy.    But, with some ibuprofen and an ice pack strapped to my right groin, things are fixing themselves up nicely.  Maybe there is something to be said about healing faster when you're in shape.

Week 2 is so much harder than Week 1.  I just do not understand how she comes up with this shit.  I almost landed on my face during the warm-up.  The amount of coordination and balance required for this workout is quite possibly going to break my brain.  But I can feel a difference in my tone, so I guess she's onto something with her Renegade Rows and Plank Jacks.  And oh my good gravy the Stork Lifts.  Yeah, sure, I'll just go ahead and not smash my head on the floor when you make me stand on one leg with the other leg straight out behind me while bent over at the waist and doing bicep lifts with dumbbells.  'Cause, you know, who wouldn't be able to do that.  Sweet.  Lord.

1 comment:

  1. For whatever reason, I picture a cape assisting with the required moves. Exhibit A: http://i.imgur.com/z5h6ypx.jpg

    ReplyDelete