Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time to wake up!

At 5:37 this morning I heard tiny feet running across the floor to my side of the bed.  His bed was wet.  He can't sleep in a wet bed.  He's here because his bed was wet.  Did you hear his bed was wet?  That's why he took off his soggy diaper and was climbing in with me and the dog and Travis.  While I had close to another hour until I had to get up, Travis had about 5 minutes.  So he got up and left me with the wiggly awake squirmy boy and the dog.

I tried so hard to get him to be still and go back to sleep.  Unrealized pipe dream.  That's how my morning started.  And then the little shit tells me, "I smell something stanky!...Its your breathing.  Please don't breathe on me."

Admittedly, I had some kickin' morning breath due to multiple Halls lozenges throughout the night.  But dude.  You came to my bed.  You woke me up.  You don't then get to complain about my breath.  Now close your eyes; I don't care that the birds are awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment