Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Home is where my heart is

I had a really good time in California over the weekend.  It was great to see Melanie.  We ate a ton.  Drank our fair share; and probably your fair share too.  We found bridesmaid dresses that look great on all three bridesmaids.

But holy man, I was homesick.  Like from the moment I left the house.  As much as I love being with Melanie, all I wanted to do was be at home with my boys.  We did get to Skype a couple of times, which was awesome, but I really just wanted to hug them and sit on the couch with them and play tag with them.  Now, don't get me wrong...not having any responsibilities for 4 full days?  That?  That I could get used to.  But I want to have no responsibilities while hanging out with them.  So, we're back to becoming independently wealthy...'cause that's working out so well.

My connecting flight from Chicago was delayed, but I knew exactly where to find my boys when I landed.  The "excagators."  I swear we would never have to hire a babysitter if we just installed some escalators in our house.  I was right!  They were just getting off of the down escalator and headed five feet over to the up escalator when I spotted them.  Trav saw me and pointed me out to Alex.  Alex ran back over the base of the down escalator and waited for me while running in place and yelling MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY!  Once I got down to him, he jumped on me, hugging me around my neck.  He didn't say anything at all.  He just hugged onto me and would not let go.  It was awesome.  And it almost made the missing them worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment