Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Stamping...not just for scrapbooks

Alex has been better, but is still having days when it is hard for him to keep his hands to himself.  That's his teacher's euphemistic way of telling me he is being a big jerk and is whacking people.  Yesterday, he was back to just smacking people as he walked past them.  He's gonna make a lot of friends, I can tell.

Any way, I talked to him about it on our way home and again before we sat down to read books before bed.  I reminded him that he needs to keep his hands to himself and people won't want to play with him if he keeps whacking them.  He agreed and off we went to read books.

We were sitting for .7 seconds and he whacks me on the arm and says, "STAMP!"  And when I scolded him for hitting me, he instantly corrected me.  He didn't hit me, he stamped me.  Ummm...What's that now?

I would never tell him this, but I am kinda impressed with his thinking outside the box there.  Obviously, I still told him "stamping" people was not ok and he needed to keep his hands to himself, but in my head I was all, "nicely done on figuring out how to circumvent the rules buddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment