Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Shoes.

I am currently driving around with $80 worth of shoes that do not fit my child and are awaiting return.  Eighty.  Dollars.  All three pairs are the same size as the shoes he is currently wearing, but magically those fits and these do not.  Lamesauce.

I didn't think this whole issue really bothered Alex since I am not dumb enough to try to take him to the store to try on shoes.  I realize this would eliminate the buying/trying/returning cycle I'm in, but that little dance is a cakewalk compared to bringing him with me.  Trying to contain him upon entry to the store and in turn make him try on shoes in the store, I imagine is quite similar to herding 13 cats high on catnip into one undersized carrier.  Neither thing seems worth the effort.

Anyway, aside from having to sit still for 32 seconds in the comfort of his home while his mother tries to stuff his sausage feet into shoes, he hasn't really been inconvenienced by this debacle.  But, apparently he is very sensitive to the amount of energy I have expended trying to find suitable footwear.  Last night, as the fear of zero pairs of shoes fitting him became a reality, he just looked up at me and said, "Ugh...Seriously?!?"  Took the words right outta my mouth kiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment