Thursday, October 18, 2012

50/50

This morning we got to bring a dump truck, a motorcycle, Ramoné, and a police car along for the ride to day care.  Paaartay!  On the way, it hit me that today's letter is the letter D.  Voila!  Dump truck!  So I excitedly told Alex he could show his dump truck for the letter D.  Good stuff.

Upon arrival, I collected all of our travel companions and handed Alex my keys so he could use the little fob thingy to buzz us in.  After reminding him for the third time he had to go to the bathroom, I took his toys, blanket and sweatshirt over to his cubby.  He got done in the bathroom and ran to go play.  Half way to a shopping cart, he stopped dead in his tracks, spun around and yelled for me.  He came running over with concern dripping off his face.  Hands out, palms up, and forehead wrinkled he said, "Oh no!  I forgot to get my thing for letter sharing!"  The joy on that child's face when I reminded him it was in his cubby was awesome.

As he ran off to get his dump truck, one of the teachers asked how I can handle not just squeezing his face every time he talks because he is just so cute.  Yeah...I can handle it because at least half the time I'm fighting the urge to squeeze his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment