Thursday, October 25, 2012

No I don't, yes I do.

Me:  Alex do you want to count for me to start the car?  (Like you do every single time.)
Alex:  Nope.
Me:  You sure?
Alex:  I don't want to.
Me(knowing damn well he wants to):  So you don't want to count for me?
Alex:  No, I don't want to.
~I start the car~
Alex:  MOOOOOOM!  I wanted to count!!!
This was followed by him crying the entire way home because I wouldn't turn the car off, let him count, and then start the car again.

Alex:  Mom?  Can I have some blueberries?
Me:  We don't have any blueberries, but we have this red pepper we grew in the garden.  Do you want that?
Alex:  Oh yes please!
~He takes a bite~
Alex:  Mom?  I don't want the seeds in it.
Me:  Ok, but I will have to cut it in half to get all the seeds out.  Is it alright if I cut it in half?
Alex:  Yep!
~I deseed the pepper and give him the two halves~
Alex:  MOOOOOOM!  I didn't want it like this!  I wanted it together like a rocket ship!
This was followed by me telling him not to eat it if he didn't want it; him flinging it on the floor; me telling him to go to his room; him screaming NO!; me banishing him to his room by the back of his neck.

~Backing the car out of the garage and I push the button to close the garage door~
Alex:  MOOOOOOM!  I wanted to push the button.
This was followed by me giving up.  Forever.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment