Friday, October 3, 2014

Lap of Luxury

I got my haircut on Tuesday evening, which means Travis was alone with the boys.  Not that big of a deal, but it's a little tough right now because all Alex wants to do is ride his bike and play outside and all Sam can really do outside is sit in his stroller.  Anywho, I had confidence in Travis's ability to entertain and feed the beasts whilst I was away being pampered.

My confidence was not proven foolish upon my arrival home.  Both boys were in bed and the house (and Travis) were still standing.  I caught a quick glimpse of the living room on my way to the bathroom,and I saw that the couch cushion covers were not on the couch cushions.  This can only mean one thing:   enough of something got on the couch to require removal of the cushion covers to get them in the washing machine.  I inquired as to what happened, and Travis told me he would explain when I got back from the bathroom.  Oh good!  Whatever happened needs explaining!

Apparently while Travis was feeding Sam, Alex was watching a show.  About half way through, he stood up and said, "Uhhhh..Dad?  I had an accident."  And he wasn't kidding.  He had a lot of an accident.  When Travis asked him why he didn't take a break, he said, "Well, I tried to stop once I started, but I couldn't!!"  (His haircut must have been an omen...Lloyd Christmas strikes again.) Pretty sure that's not what Travis meant by taking a break.  Either way, he didn't take a break and there was a lot of pee on the couch.

When we went to bed later, we discovered the dog had lovingly peed on our quilt.  And she peed enough to soak through the quilt, sheet, mattress pad, and into the memory foam mattress topper.  Lucky for us though, the memory foam soaked up all that pee and nothing got on the mattress!  Phew.  Heaven forbid something would get on the mattress that requires a memory foam topper to make it tolerable!

After helping me change the sheets on the bed, Travis went to the bathroom only to find that Alex had missed the toilet one of the times he managed to make it to the bathroom instead of peeing on the couch.  And from the bathroom I heard Travis yelling, "Why does everything in this house have to be covered in pee?!?!?!?"

We live a glamorous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment