Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2nd Baby Problems

Sam rolled over!  Twice!  And I missed it both times.  Did I miss it because he accomplished this milestone at daycare?  Nope.  I missed it because I wasn't paying attention.  I missed it because he is an easy baby that can entertain himself for quite some time.  I missed it because I foolishly let everything else get in the way of watching my baby grow.

Last night after we got home, I put him on his play mat in the living room and walked the 6 steps to the kitchen and started opening the mail.  After a couple minutes, I heard all this grunting coming from Sam, so I went back into the living room to find him on his stomach.  I immediately returned him to his back and instructed him to do it again so I could see.  Shockingly, he did not accommodate my request.  He just laid there gurgling and blowing spit bubbles at me while grinning like an idiot.

And then this morning, Travis brought him downstairs while I finished getting ready.  He laid him down on his play mat and quick ran to the bathroom.  I whipped my hair up into my daily ponytail, and headed downstairs.  And I found a very proud, grinning baby, propped up on his elbows.

I cannot believe I missed it both times.  I'm pretty sure we recorded Alex rolling over, but Sam?  We just leave him alone often enough that we have yet to even witness him rolling over, much less record the event.

Any bets on whether he has to come up and pull on my leg to get me to notice when he can crawl?

No comments:

Post a Comment