Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Adventures in School Lunch

Alex has been firmly against getting school lunch.  He wants me to make him a lunch pretty much every day.  And he wants a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Every time.  I usually throw some veggies in his lunchbox too, but it bothers Travis that he eats pb&j every day, so we've been trying to get him to try school lunch.  A couple days have been successful.  I thought pancake day was going to be a smash hit, but after he said he didn't like the pancakes, I looked at the menu again and saw they served whole grain pancakes.  Now, I get what they're doin' there, but come on.  If you're going to serve pancakes for lunch, which is glorious, do it right.  Don't try to be all sneaky healthy.  Moments like this are where trust issues are born.

Anywho, this morning I thought for sure he was going to get school lunch...

"Hey buddy!  They are serving mini corn dogs for lunch today!"
"I don't like those."
"Yes you do.  You like corn dogs."
"I like regular corn dogs...not the mini ones."
"Dude, they're the same as the regular ones; just without that annoying stick!"
"I like the stick."
"Fine...peanut butter and jelly?"
"YES!  Thanks Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment