Thursday, September 26, 2013

They grow up so fast

Last night, I was enjoying a beer in the backyard with my Colorado cohort and my neighbor.  The neighbor's daughter and Alex were playing and were running in and out of the house gathering whatever toys they wanted.  One trip into the house took a little longer than the others.  I could hear some clunking around in the kitchen and then I heard something fall in the mudroom, so I got off my butt to see what was going on.

Not shockingly, the neighbor girl was innocently trying to reach a toy on the shelf in the mudroom and something fell off the shelf.  Mysterious sound #1:  solved.  Then I went into the kitchen.  And that's when I figured out what mysterious sound #2, aka the clunking, was.

Yeah...the clunking was coming from the last bottle of beer out of the six pack sitting on the kitchen counter.  It was clunking because the bottom kept slipping on the counter top while my 4 year old was using the BOTTLE OPENER TO OPEN THE BEER.  Yep.  So, just to recap, I walked in the kitchen to find Alex, with the bottle opener still in hand, wiping beer off of his chin.  Beer that he was drinking from the bottle HE OPENED.

You guys.  Seriously.  We are so screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment