Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello!

I'm back!  I took a little hiatus to go visit with some wonderful ladies in Denver.  And I realized my entire family needs to be down with moving to Denver.  Beautiful doesn't begin to describe it.

Sunrise from my bedroom window:
Don't you worry, I wasn't up that early.  I woke up, saw the sun rising, thought, "Oh that's pretty, I'll take a quick picture."  I leaned off of the side of my bed, hit the shutter, and immediately went back to sleep.

But, after I woke up, I got to sit on the front porch with my coffee and take in this view:
My gracious host swears up and down she constantly has wild life hanging out in her backyard.  Elk, deer, fancy birds.  I saw two birds.  Two.  Birds.  But I also saw this dashing fellow which made me believe her that there actually is wildlife in that area.  I mean, who would make such an amazing Tom Selleck-esque mountain lion if mountain lions hadn't at least once been spotted in the area?
We drove up up up a mountain, got to something absurd like 10,500 ft above sea level, and got to walk around Echo Lake.  Ummm...yeah, beautiful.
I wasn't the only one having fun this weekend though.  Mr. Alex got to spend Thursday night at Gramma and Grandpa Z's, Friday night at Aunt Nicki's house, Saturday night in Platteville, and Sunday afternoon with Bert. Travis had to work at his normal job that makes it impossible for him to drop off and pick up at daycare and then he also had to work at his new second job on Saturday and Sunday.  (A friend of ours bought a bar and Travis is working some shifts here and there.  Can't keep that man out of the bar for long!)  I'm pretty sure Alex didn't mind his little Tour of Wisconsin weekend vacation.

He got to perfect his racer's dive and just hang in the pool after beating the competition to the finish line:

And it just happened to be Dairy Days in Platteville.  Apparently he rode every single ride his height allowed...multiple times.  Like enough times an all ride pass bracelet was warranted.  No, he's not spoiled at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment