Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Little Things

The town was flushing out the fire hydrant closest to day care this morning and it was spraying across the street.  When I turned onto the street, I could see just a little haze/fog, but as I got closer, I got really excited because we had to drive right through it.  I cut Alex off mid-sentence and made him aware of what was up ahead.  He sat silent for a second, and then all I heard from him was, "Oh...oh hoh hoh hoh hoh HOH!"

The water velocity comin' out of this hydrant was somethin'.  The direction we were heading put the hydrant on the left side of the street and the water still hit my door at just below window height.  It was fantastic.  Alex laughed and laughed and laughed.  And when we were going inside, he immediately started telling every single person he saw about it.  

The windows in his room are high up on the wall, but they built a loft playhouse situation for the kids and they can see out of the high up windows up there.  And the loft playhouse is on the same side of the building as the purging fire hydrant.  I pointed out that little fun fact to Alex, and he and three of his friends scampered up there.  And then I let him know they could watch me drive through it again.  He was so excited, he didn't even say good-bye.

Now, I would like to end this post with something sweet about how it made me so happy to see something so simple but so cool with Alex, because it really did.  But I would totally be lying if I didn't admit driving through that water would have made my day with or without the beast in the car.  It was freaking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment