Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Truck babies

So I know I was/am supposed to make sure I didn't only have traditional gender specific toys so says some article or something.  Yeah, I didn't do that.  I didn't intentionally not do that...I just didn't make it a priority.  Alex definitely has some gender neutral toys, but he definitely doesn't have anything "girly."  This little fact was brought to light when a friend was looking at a different child's "baby" and asked Alex if he had any babies at home.  His response:  Ummm...I have trucks?

Fast forward a couple weeks to last night.  The stroller is upstairs for the first time in forever.  We lent it to some friends and I just haven't managed to get it back downstairs.  And now I am not sure Alex is going to be too cool with me putting it away.  He brought it in the kitchen, asked me unfold it, and squealed as he pushed it into his play room.  He came back with this thing stuffed with toys.  A wooden train, Mack, and about 7 monster trucks.  And he proudly instructed me to look at, and give kisses to, his babies.

Might be time for a doll of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment