Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Safety Third.

This weekend marked the first time my child wore a helmet while riding a motorized three wheeled motorcycle thingy at my parents' house.  This weekend also marked the first time my child drove said motorcycle thingy into the trampoline.  Good thing he was wearing a helmet, right?  Wrong.  The crossbar on the trampoline is exactly eye height and he was wearing a bike helmet so there was no face protector part.  Based on what his little eye socket looked like shortly after the incident, I thought he was gonna have a nice shiner.  But, it really doesn't look that bad.

And before you question why I only had a bike helmet on him while he was on a motorcycle, I will tell you this thing goes about 4 miles an hour.  Definitely slow enough to steer around a GIANT FREAKING TRAMPOLINE.  But to steer around an obstacle, you would have to be looking in the direction in which you were going.  And that is not his forte.

No comments:

Post a Comment