Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Check Up!

Did you know they document BMI on three year olds?  Me neither!

I finally got Alex in for his 3 year check up.  He is 3'3" tall and 39lbs.  This puts him in the 76th percentile for height and 94th for weight.  This also puts him at an 18 for BMI.  Which is totally fine.  That BMI is fine...but the giant jump in BMI from last year to this year apparently is a something to "keep an eye on."  He has grown out faster than up this past year.  Although he does not appear heavy, so I think a better description would be that he has grown more physically dense.  He is one solid kid.

He also is a solid kid with 20/30 vision and an ok understanding of what the hell the nurse needed him to do during a hearing test.  After his doctor said it's hard to do an adequate hearing test on 3 year olds, he asked me if I have any concerns about his hearing.  I burst out laughing.  His hearing?  Oh no...he can hear me just fine.  His listening?  Now, that is something of concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment