Friday, September 7, 2012

Hands are NOT for Hitting!

So, the hitting thing.  Yeah, not so much done with this little fun time circus.  He still gets very sad when the Brown Elephant Blanket is taken away and very happy upon its return, but that deal is turning out to be not quite motivation enough for this child to keep his hands to himself.

Wednesday was horrendous.

When I picked him for his doctor appointment, his teacher told me he was kind of emotional throughout the morning.  Everything was great on the way to the doctor's office, while we were there, and on the way back.  He laid down right away for nap when we got back and I thought we were on our way to a good afternoon. I am so easily fooled.  Or gullible.

I was a bit late picking him up so I had to go to a different room because his teacher was gone for the day and they had combined two of the rooms.  The teacher in that room is new and I had yet to meet her.  So I walked in and introduced myself as Alex was happily screaming MOOOOOOMMMM and running over to me.  All good signs.  After introducing herself, the new teacher got a funny look on her face.  And as she started telling me about Alex's afternoon, I began to understand the face.  She was the lucky one that got to tell me that Alex's afternoon was all out terrible.  He would not stop hitting his friends and then topped that off when his teacher had to physically put him in a time out and while that was happening, he hit her.  Let's review.  Blah, blah, blah, HE HIT HIS TEACHER.  And not only did he hit his teacher, but I got to hear about from a different teacher that I have never met before.  Awesomesauce for everyone.

When I asked him why he hit his teacher, he responded:  "Uh, she put me in a time out Mom."  I'm not really sure how to adequately type the "duh I thought this was obvious" tone with which that statement was delivered.  He may as well have just worded it, "Ummm, seriously...do I have to answer this?  Ok, yeah, she put me in a time out.  What else was I supposed to do?"

So I did what any stellar mom would do.  I sternly told him that is not a reason to hit someone and he is not allowed to hit people, especially his teacher.  Then, I calmly told the new teacher to never have a three year old and cheerily said it was so nice to meet her.  And we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment