Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Moooooooo!

I didn't eat lunch before I left Platteville on Sunday, so by the time I got to Madison to get Trav, I was one hungry lady.  Lucky for me, there is an Arby's at the park & ride where we picked up Travis.  And even luckier, Travis got there before Alex and I, so he went and got me a sandwich.  I didn't want fries or anything overtly greasy, so I requested a large roast beef and a soda.

I cannot believe it is legal to put that much roast beef on a single sandwich.  It was huge.  Don't get me wrong, I ate the whole thing.  But it seemed more of an epic accomplishment than a hunger satisfying exercise when I was done.  So today I headed on over to Arbys.com to see juuuust how much horrible for you food I ingested...

The large roast beef sandwich with no cheese, no other toppings, just roast beef and a bun weighs in at just under 10oz., 610 calories and 29 grams of fat.  But!  I got 10% of my daily calcium.  All of those things combined to make a gloriously delicious giant roast beef sandwich.

Now comes the time when I make the admission that up until a few short years ago, I had no clue the Arby's logo was a cowboy hat. 


 I am applying for my detective's license tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment