Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In plain sight

I know I sound like a broken record, but I promise I am really trying to remember to take my evening keepmybrainsinorder pill.  Really trying and mostly failing.  But sometimes I do remember and everything stays on an even keel.  For a little bit.  Until it doesn't.  And then it sucks.

If you haven't guessed it, I was a little on the crazy side this weekend.  Some really great friends moved back to town this past weekend.  And they brought their new snuggly baby with them!  To avoid them having to rent any sort of moving truck, a bunch of us got our trucks and trailers together to get the job done.  I went on Saturday and then said Travis could help on Sunday.  Awfully nice of me to volunteer him without asking him, right?  But since Travis is Travis, he was happy to help.

So early Sunday morning he got up and drove to Pewaukee to load up the truck and trailer.  And instead of being extra nice since I was the one that volunteered him, I called him at 2:45 and yelled at him because he wasn't home yet.  And what is he doing?!  And why hasn't he called me?!  Yeah....why hasn't he taken time out of moving our friends to call me and tell me that he is still moving our friends and that they are all working to get done before kick-off of the Packer game?  How dare he?!?  When I snottily asked what he was doing, he quickly responded, "Well babe, we just lit the bonfire and were about to start a rousing round of Kumbayah."  I probably deserved that.

Shortly after that horrible conversation where I proved myself to be a nutball, I sent him a text apologizing and acknowledging I had no right to be upset.  He got home and we went about the rest of our day.  After eating ourselves sick while watching the game at Kari and Brent's, we came home.  I put the boy down and came into the living room and asked him if he had solidified his plans for leaving me.  And he asked why.  Which blew me away.  If the roles had been reversed, I would have been stewing about that incident all day.  So, I reminded him of the phone call and told him I was sorry for being psychotic.  And all he did was come over give me a hug and say, "The apology was nice.  You are not psychotic.  Psychotic would have been if you hadn't realized you were being nuts."

I am putting my pills on the window sill in front of the kitchen sink.  Pretty sure he deserves a not crazy wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment