Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Every morning I bring Alex's juice cup in the car.  And every day it hangs out in my office refrigerator all day and then makes the journey home with us.  I do this so I don't have to sit through 15 minutes of telling my child that while I don't have any juice in the car, there is juice at home, where we will soon be...over and over and over.

Yesterday was no different.  As soon as I got him all strapped in, he asked for his juice.  He even asked with a please!  It is ridiculous how excited I get when he uses his manners without being asked.  So I handed him his juice while feeling like I am totally kicking Parenting's ass.  And as quickly as that winning feeling appeared, my darling child snatched it away with one tiny question.

"Is there beer in there Mama?"

No comments:

Post a Comment