Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Tuesday

It's been a rough summer for my work.  Normally throughout the year there are jobs here and there that we make mistakes on.  But for some reason this summer we have had a bunch of them all smashed into a small time frame.  Some of them are my fault, some are not, but when there are only 3 people in the whole company, everyone has to deal with them.  Granted my boss is the only one that deals with them financially.

The mistakes I have made are just details that I accidentally overlooked.  But when the details are the dimensions of a unit or the quantity of units on a job, they are pretty important details.  And pretty costly details.  And I gotta admit, it sucks way more when you make mistakes and it's someone else's money.  When we had the bar and one of us screwed something up at least it was our money we were messing with.  Don't get me wrong, it sucks when it's your money too, but when you have to tell someone you made a mistake and it is most likely going to cost them about $500, it stings juuuuust a little bit more.

What sucks even more than making the mistakes is that it has noticeably changed my relationship with my boss.  I am back to being completely unsure of myself and it is quite obvious, and understandable, that his confidence in my performance has plummeted.  Awesomesauce all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment