Monday, November 22, 2010

Very thin silver lining

Good news:
As of this morning the lost weight total is 26lbs.

Bad news:
The only reason for the dramatic and rapid loss of 6lbs is the wretched flu our little outbreak monkey gave me...and I am sure -26 will not be a lasting number.

At about 11pm Thursday night, Alex woke us up. He was way beyond not happy, so down the stairs I trekked. Only to find him sitting in his crib surrounded by vomit. Yay. Trav came down and helped me clean up, but by the time he headed back upstairs, Alex was puking again. And again. And again. For a total of 7 times from 11pm to 4am. Then he woke up at 7am bright eyed and bushy tailed and yelling at the dog for no discernible reason. He had no fever throughout his puke fest, so I had a hard time believing he actually had a virus and settled on the fact that something he ate must have really upset his tiny little system.

I settled on that idea until about 4pm on Saturday. And then it hit me. And I hit the bathroom. Repeatedly. It has been a long time since I have had the flu and believe me you, it is not an experience I missed in the least. Thank everything wonderful that Mariah is a fantastic friend. She came over Sunday morning to save me since Trav had to work. I seriously started crying with relief when I got her text "Be there soon! :)" Like really crying. Anyway, she entertained the beast, I slept.

The ol' stomach is still a bit shaky today, but I am sure to be in tip top form by tomorrow. Yay for little germ-spreaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment