Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lessons in Anatomy

This morning I was getting dressed in Alex's room. I can no longer get dressed up in my room since he has found incredible delight in throwing shoes down the stairs and can no longer be trusted to stay away from the top of the staircase while I get dressed for the day. Anyway, he was in his room with me, chatting away. And then while I am getting dressed, he stops talking, starts giggling and points to my hoo-ha. I shouldn't say giggling. He was laughing. Like it was one of the funniest things he has ever seen. And I had no idea how to react.

I mean seriously. How am I supposed to respond to my 17 month old little boy laughing at my private bits? Gotta admit, I am not quiet sure why it was so funny to him. It's not like we run a nudist colony in our house, but the kid has seen me naked before. Weird.

So I just said, "Yep. That's Mommy's." 'Cause that's totally a sufficient and appropriate response.

No comments:

Post a Comment