Monday, November 1, 2010

Further proof I suck

I do not like Halloween. Everything other than the candy annoys me. And sometimes even the candy annoys me. Who is satisfied by one "fun size" piece of candy? Nobody. Who is satisfied by 11 pieces of "fun size" candy? This girl...Who is no longer "fun size".

I have never liked dressing up. Even as a kid. Trick or Treating makes me anxious. Perhaps because of the traumatic experience of having a giant dummy dropped on me when I was little. And now my poor child has to suffer.

I had a costume for him. I may have only had it because my mom brought it last time she visited, but whatever...I had one. And then I went and didn't pay attention to what day daycare was celebrating Halloween. So I didn't take a costume for him. They took the kids trick or treating to a couple businesses nearby. All the kids and teachers dressed up. Alex's costume? He got to go as "The only kid with a slacker mom that didn't bring him a costume." He didn't win the costume contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment