Monday, February 8, 2010

On the getting better track

This weekend that RSV shit had a hayday in Alex's chest, throat and head. It totally and completely sucked. I thought the sleepless nights on Thursday and Friday were bad. HA! Saturday marked the worst night of our baby-ified lives yet. Well, my baby-ified life. I decided to be nice to Trav and just sleep on the couch with the monitor downstairs. No point in both of us getting no sleep. Aren't I sweet? It doesn't happen very often, so let's all take note. I do have to mention Travis sleeps so heavily that most times I have to wake him up to go deal with the beast...so I am up anyway and hearing everything through the monitor. At which point I usually end up having to pee anyway. Short story long, it is just plain easier for me to get up.

Alex went down around 6:30 or so was sleeping well. Until 10:30. Then and for the rest of the night, he would not sleep unless I was holding him. Believe me I tried mightily to put him down. I would let him get to the point of sleeping so soundly he was snoring. Yes, my baby snores sometimes. Cutest. Thing. EVER. Anyway, he would be sound sound asleep and I would gently place him in his crib. The second I was not touching him...crying. No joke. I gave up and just decided to "sleep" on the couch with him on my chest. I had myself positioned rather oddly because of smothering and baby dropping fears. The odd positioning did not yield a comfy head position. At one point I crammed my head between two back cushions so I could stop the head bobbing thing. I did not sleep well. AT ALL.

Last night, I was asleep immediately after the Super Bowl ended. The last number I saw on the clock was 9:03.

I am pretty sure the sickness is about done being a jerk to Alex's system. He only woke up once last night. And with a very small amount of soothing, was back asleep until this morning. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment