Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baby sneezes are still cute

So it's been a little over a month since Alex has had any sort of sickness. It's amazing how quickly one can forget how much it COMPLETELY SUCKS having a sick baby. He is not super sick by any means...some coughing and sneezing and a very mild fever that comes and goes. But you add that to two front teeth that are all out refusing to pop through and you get one uncomfortable little man. Yesterday there was a lot of whimpering, some crying, and very little eating. And being the stellar mom that I am, I left him with dear sweet Mariah so I could go get a haircut. Because why wouldn't I leave my sick kid at home with a babysitter? Mommy needs her pretty time! Proof of how great of a mother I am. Impressive no?

Lucky for me Mariah loves all things baby. Even though he was all cranktified and sick, she got some good snuggle time in, which I will tell you is like gold. Especially coming from that kid. He so rarely snuggles, any little snuggle you get should be documented and cherished always. But alas, after the snuggling she went home and left us with an almost asleep, sick, fidgety baby. Well...she left Travis. I was still busy getting purple streaks put in my hair and getting a scalp massage...it is so hard being me.

But later the night of sick sleep began. And ended at 10:40pm. And began at 10:43pm. And ended at 12:30am. Began at 12:42am. Ended at 3:34am. Began at 3:37am. Ended at 5:00am. Bottle. Yay. Oh yeah, the dog got up every time too. She's so supportive.

As you might guess, we four Juliuses are a sleepy bunch today. Unlike the dog and Alex, Travis and I don't get a nap. I really really want a nap...for like the whole day. Make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment