Friday, February 19, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hippo

It is so nice to have Alex back to normal now that the RSV crap-ola has left his little body. When you are dealing with a sick kid, it is kinda easy to forget what their normal personality is like. And damn. This kid has got personality. He is once again super giggly and smiley. And is even more chatty than before. I so wish I could understand what he saying. His toys are continuously getting a very intense talking to. As is my necklace. He will sit on my lap playing with my necklace with his chubby little fingers, talking to it forever. Cracks me up.

His curiosity is growing what seems to be daily. He wants to touch e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. And since he is still stationary, this is not a problem. I think the curiosity is going to be a huge motivation factor for him to figure out how to be mobile though, so we are keeping a close eye.

He has found a new fascination with his bottles as well. Not so much that he wants to hold his bottle while he eats. Oh no. He is a king that deserves nothing short of being fed by his minions. Seriously, the splayed out position he takes when he is eating is ridiculous. Very much "Ah yes. It is time for you to be so lucky to feed me." However, those curious little hands are also busy grabbing, pushing and pulling. The other morning he pushed the bottle out of his mouth and before I could tip it up he grabbed the nipple. Which was full of formula. Which in turn squirted that formula right in his face. Call me a bad mom, but I could nothing but sit there and laugh.

The other thing that is back now that the sickness is gone...his appetite. I cannot believe how much he is eating. He is going to through six bottles, two servings of solids, and sometimes some puffs EVERY DAY. I don't get how that much volume of food can fit in such a tiny little body. And tiny it is. I weighed him last Sunday and he is still only 17lbs. So I am happy he is eating more, but holy cats! He is way too young to be eating us out of house and home already!

No comments:

Post a Comment