Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Who needs milestones?

I think I'm ready to admit it...here goes:  I am subconsciously stunting Sam's development.  I am not excited for him to grow.  Like at all.  I don't really want him to crawl.  Or walk.  Or talk.  I pretty much just want him to stay a cute little fat baby.

The other day, I walked into the living room to find Travis sitting on the floor next to Sam.  Sam was on his hands and knees and was crying.  I immediately snapped at Travis to pick him up.  He looked ae me and confusedly responded, "Ummmm....do you ever want him to crawl?"  No.  No I do not.  I thought that was clear.  Now pick up the baby.

I remember feeling this way when Alex was a baby too, but the excitement of watching him reach developmental milestones outweighed my irrational desire to keep him a baby forever.  Not so much this time around.  Sam needs to stay a baby.  He's just so cute and (usually) happy.  And he's stationary.  And he's not sassy.  And?  He still wears footie pajamas.  How could I possibly want feet like these to no longer be part of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment