Friday, August 15, 2014

What a difference a day makes!

You guys.  I got some sleep last night.  After three nights of Samalamadingdong not sleeping in longer than half hour to 1&1/2 hour increments, he slept for 4 hours straight last night.  From 1am to 5am, I reveled in delicious uninterrupted sleep.  It was marvelous.

And this morning?  Alex woke up right on time without any pleading.  Sam woke up happy...well happy after he guzzled 5oz of his sweet nectar.  The dog wasn't even annoying.  Drop off at daycare went great.  I came home to one quick work email and nothing else.

So far, I have picked up every room, did the dishes, and went for a run.  Which by the way was fantastic.  I logged a solid 2.5 miles without having to walk.  I'm not gonna lie, when the dog stopped in the middle of a killer hill to poo, I was not sad.  But still, no walking.

And now while I cut up a watermelon and finish cleaning my filthy house, I am blaring Lady Gaga and singing at the top of my lungs.  Sorry neighbors and UPS delivery guy, Mama got some sleep and she's on fire.

I'm telling you, 4 hours of sleep is therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment