Monday, August 18, 2014

Dr. Ferber Will See You Now

I can see it coming.  I'm gonna have to go full on "cry it out" with this baby.  And it's gonna suuuuuck.  I've been trying to lay the groundwork lately and making sure to put Sam in his crib before he's completely asleep, but it usually ends with me going in his room a zillion times before just giving up and rocking him to sleep.

I distinctly remember going through this with Alex and the awful nights listening to a seemingly never ending wail of "mamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamama!" through the monitor.  It is heartbreaking.  I am not looking forward to going through it again.  But, I also can't rock this kid to sleep every single time he needs to rest.

A quick Googling let me know somewhere around 5 months old is the appropriate time to Ferberize.  This kid has 2 months to get his shit straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment