Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Maggotgate 2014

As of 2pm yesterday, we are maggot free.  I think the little bastards started in the garbage we forgot to take out before we left for the weekend, and then just spread out in search of food to eat while they waited to turn into flies.  Gross.  Everything about this is gross.

Multiple times I thought I found them all, only to be thwarted with the next thing I moved or picked up.  I cleaned all around the garbage and got the ones scurrying along the floorboards.  And then I moved the dog bed and blanket.  More maggots.  I got rid of those and cleaned that whole area.  And then I picked up the dog dishes.  More maggots.  So I got rid of those and cleaned that whole area.  And then I picked up the mat in front of the door.  More freaking maggot.  So, I got rid of those and cleaned that whole area.  That was the last I saw of them.  And believe me, if they are there, I will see them.  I am constantly walking around the kitchen staring at the floor and every corner looking for the little white wiggly worms of grossness.

This morning there was a fly in my house and I felt pure rage in every fiber of my being.  So much so that I smacked it twice.  Once while it was sitting on one of Sam's toys.  The second time?  It had bounced off the toy and was sitting on the folder I have to turn in to daycare with all of Sam's intake forms.  I don't even care.  I will NOT have maggots in my kitchen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment