Thursday, August 21, 2014

Almost time

Pictured above is the giant pile of school supplies Alex is required to bring with him to Kindergarten.  Also known as a giant pile of Mama's heart breaking.  He is starting Kindergarten.  In 12 days.  I just cannot believe it.

I know he's ready.  I know he's gonna love it.  I know it's inevitable.  I know I know I know.  But, wow, I am not ready for this.  I just cannot believe in 12 days I will be standing out on the sidewalk, waving good-bye to the school bus taking him to his first day of school.

I just feel so afraid.  All typical fears I'm pretty sure.  But knowing they're typical doesn't make them any easier to swallow.  I'm sure some day this chest crushing anxiety will subside, but today?  Today I'm having a hard time breathing.

He did tell me the other day that he is going to live with me forever, so I've got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment