Monday, April 28, 2014

Proud.

Alex and I made a trip to Chicago this weekend to hang out with my sister and her boys.  If the crying and whining when it was time to leave was any indication, I'm pretty sure the boys had fun together.

Before we left, there was a conversation about chores and earning money between Alex and Travis that centered mostly on Alex asking what he could do to earn money.  Travis quickly saw the empty dog dish and told Alex if he fed the dog, he could earn a little money.  "That's a great chore for me!"  So happy you're enthused little man.  Anywho, the dog got fed and Alex left for Chicago with a little change proudly in his pocket.

When we exited the freeway, there was a man walking between the lanes of cars with a sign asking for money.  Alex asked me what the sign said, and while being a total jerkstore and not giving this guy any of the gobs of change I had for tolls, I explained that the man was asking for money because he didn't have any.  And without skipping a beat, Alex said, "Well I have some money!  I can give him some of mine!"

I have never been so sad to see a light turn green.

No comments:

Post a Comment